Saturday, April 23, 2005

Corruption: A Proven Winner

Sometimes I don't blog. That's my prerogative as a blog owner--I get to decide what is published and when. So there. The truth is that from time-to-time I am so burned out by this government's crap that I can't stand to think about it at all. Then when my outrage hits a new high I am overwhelmed by the need to vent or offer solutions and I can begin to blog again.

My saving grace this week is a solution to the Republican problem--make them pay, pay, pay for the very nature that makes them Republicans: power grabbing greed. They over-reach and eventually become CORRUPT!
Congressional Democrats should take a page out of Gingrich's and Blagojevich's books and propose comprehensive ethics reform. They should talk about the 'corrupt Republicans' and 'restoring transparency and integrity' at every turn. They should use DeLay's mounting ignominy to tar fellow Republicans who benefit from his fundraising and clout. In short, they should make Republican scandal and Democratic reform one of the central narratives of their opposition over the next two years. 'Newt Gingrich came to power because of an ethics scandal,' says Obama's state political director, Dan Shomon. 'Rod Blagojevich got elected partly because of scandal. You can defeat an incumbent if you can catch his or her hand in the cookie jar.
Ah, I love the smell of Republican blood in the water, it smells like--Victory!


Broken links? Suggestions? Other stuff? Contact me here...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

« Liberal Blogs »

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.