Sunday, September 11, 2005

September 11, 2005 -- Open Thread

I know this is the anniversary of 9/11, but I can't feel a thing for it, especially given the emotionally stressful events of late...but if you've got something to say on that event, go right ahead.

I am adding a section to my link lists at left for Katrina-related information. Some excellent online resources including timelines are emerging. I say everyone should use the best, least biased, data they can read to come to their own conclusions regarding this disaster.

As you know, it is my position that placing blame should take a backseat until cooler minds (and hearts) prevail. Having said that, some issues Katrina raises should not be missed when they address present or soon-to-be enacted legislation. For example, next month the bankruptcy bill goes into effect and Congressman John Conyers is working to move legislation forward to remove or stay those sections that, given Katrina's affect on tens of thousands of Gulf Coast residents, must be suspended (read his dKos diary on the same here). Of course, I think such legislation should just be repealed entirely and permanently...


Broken links? Suggestions? Other stuff? Contact me here...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

« Liberal Blogs »

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.