Tuesday, June 14, 2005

INCOMING: Bush Run for Third Term?!

If this isn't a joke then we've entered the Tenth Ring of Hell, the one where Repugs rule forever because they own the election equipment AND Sensenbrenner, Hoyer sponsor repeal of 22nd amendment:
"The 22nd Amendment, Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."
[UPDATE 6-16-05] I'm taking some heat for posting this as it seems efforts to repeal the 22nd come up fairly often. Okay. I didn't know that. But I stand by my alarm because in case you haven't noticed shit happens now that in 2000 was unthinkable--do I need to make a list? No?

Just saying...it could happen.


Broken links? Suggestions? Other stuff? Contact me here...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

« Liberal Blogs »

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.