Thursday, January 26, 2006

NEW AFFILIATE: The Ribbon Revolution

There are a variety of ways for blogs and other websites to create income. One of them is joining affiliate programs. With an affiliate, when a reader clicks on a link from a website and makes a purchase of the product at the link target, the website from which the "click-through" originates makes a percentage.

Except for my Google banner I have only joined the affiliate programs of products I feel are unique or politically powerful. If you've ever looked at my affiliates you'll notice that I have only one. Well, now I have two! And there's a story with this new one.

I read the winger blogs regularly, especially the most radical. On such a site, The Musuem of Left Wing Lunacy (that I consider satirical although I think they take themselves quite seriously) I found a post slamming a little company making alternatives to the pro-war magnetic ribbons: The Ribbon Revolution. I searched their website, loved their humor and variety and called them to ask about their affiliate program; they didn't have one! After a great phone conversation with the owner and a few emails, The Ribbon Revolution set up an affiliate program and I was invited to be among the first!

How cool is that? I took the information from a winger site dedicated to crushing the liberal cause and created an opportunity to spread the liberal word AND increase political power (a portion of The Ribbon Revolution's profits go to progressive causes)!! Who says liberals don't have ideas?!


Broken links? Suggestions? Other stuff? Contact me here...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

« Liberal Blogs »

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.