Saturday, February 05, 2005

Goldberg Attacks Juan Cole on Iran

As you may know (by now) I am convinced that Bush intends to invade Iran; doing so is next on the Neocon Perpetual War To-Do list, I have made a bet I hope to LOSE that Bush will do so, and I created an election-related bumper slogan "Vote for Bush, Send Your Kids to Iran". I am, in short, invested in the story.

This post from kos, therefore, greatly interests me. Goldberg is often referenced, but it looks like Goldberg is a bad guy. Why would I trust a kos referral (i.e. Juan) over someone else? Well, if you read the dKos, you know why...
The reason Mr. Goldberg is alarmed that I pointed this obvious fact out [that the Iranian elections in 1997 were more Democratic than the Iraqi ones in 2005] is that he wants to kill thousands of Iranians and thousands of US troops in a war of aggression on Iran. If the American public knows that there is a lively struggle between hardliners and conservatives in Iran, and that an American intervention there would be a huge disaster and would forestall the natural evolution of Iran away from Khomeinism, then they might not support Mr. Goldberg's monstrous warmongering.


Broken links? Suggestions? Other stuff? Contact me here...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

« Liberal Blogs »

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.