Friday, February 03, 2006

Arpaio Denies Inmate Abortion Access

Although I rarely cover its news, Phoenix is my home turf. Politically more red than the bloody maw of a coyote that just snatched your poodle, Phoenix is an embarassment of riches when it comes to cowboy behaviors. Sheriff "Joe" Arpaio is just one of many of those embarassments.

Since the liberals who live here KNOW that he is constantly campaigning and grand-standing and generally making an example of those who have the least amount of power to defend themselves, the following personal battle of his (and the local religious fanatics) is no surprise:
Points of Life: Sheriff Arpaio Promises A Fight to the Supreme Court: "I just got off the phone with Sheriff Joe Arpaio and I will tell you that despite the loss of this battle, he is ready, willing and able to take this case all the way to the Supreme Court. I have never heard him so adamant and passionate about this issue and willing to take on the ACLU. Sheriff Joe is a fighter and will go to the wall for the unborn and the pro-life movement on this issue and he's doing it not because it's politically expedient but because it's the right thing to do.

In our conversation, Sheriff Arpaio reinterated his position on the issue citing very personal life experiences. It was easy to see that he is very no-nonsense on this issue. Right before he hung up he asked me if we would support him in this battle and I replied that he has our support 100%.

I have not spoken with my friend, Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas, but we can also count on him to be on board especially if it means fighting the ACLU, the abortion lapdogs and the activist judges."
Andrew Thomas is currently embroiled in a recount scandal.


Broken links? Suggestions? Other stuff? Contact me here...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

« Liberal Blogs »

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.