Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's The Republicans, Stupid

Sometimes, after an especially crushing defeat by the radical right I wonder if it's me. If they are actually correct and I AM disconnected from reality. Otherwise, how could we continue to lose battle after battle? Is it only me who seems to see what appears to be the obvious, i.e. how radical Republicans get Democrats to cave in fight after fight?

Then from time to time I make a new liberal friend or political contact who can repeat to me, without any prompting, the same observations about how it is we lose. Confirmation that I am in touch, awake--just unable to wake the sleeping around me.

Cenk Uyger from The Young Turks has an EXCELLENT post in today's Alternet. He reiterates what some of us already know, point by point, about how dems keep losing these fights.

I'm going to fax the whole damn thing to every Senator who voted against the filibuster. Maybe someone should join me. How about you?

Maybe if we fought as hard everyday as we did over the confirmation, they would finally get it. We ARE the base, those who get and keep them elected. They work for us.


Broken links? Suggestions? Other stuff? Contact me here...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

« Liberal Blogs »

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.