Friday, December 09, 2005

PapersPlease.org

PapersPlease.org is an interesting site with links to three main cases coming up for judicial review involving a citizen Questioning Authority and refusing, under appropriate circumstances, to refuse compliance with a government official's request to profer "Papers Please".

I might add...before the Berlin Wall came down I experienced crossing the border from West to East Germany (and back again, thankfully). I sat on a bus dotted with silent nervous passengers who like myself tried to act casual. When a steely-eyed East German guard, automatic weapon drawn asked in German "Papers," it was very, VERY disconcerting. I remember then feeling greatful I was a citizen of a country where that would never happen...

...was I wrong?


Broken links? Suggestions? Other stuff? Contact me here...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

« Liberal Blogs »

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.